The Seniors’ Services Directory contains over 500 listings of community resources and is reviewed and updated every 2 years by a Directory Committee. The committee is comprised of Island Health nurses and social workers, and professionals from Greater Victoria senior’s agencies to ensure ongoing quality and relevance of the publication.
SERVICE CATEGORIES (Click on the titles to view the PDF Document)
- Information & Referral Services
- Information on community services, government services and multi-cultural services.
- Activity and Recreation Centres
- Adult Day and Bathing Programs
- Programs that meet the social and health needs of seniors who require assistance due to health related matters. Centres that assist seniors who cannot use bathing facilities at home.
- Counselling services providing support for abuse, addictions, bereavement, crisis, families, and mental health.
- Financial Assistance
- Credit Counselling, pensions, subsidies and benefits.
- Health Services
- Listing of specialty health services and clinics, dental care, education/self management programs and Island Health programs.
- Home Help
- Services to assist people to live independently including Better At Home, homemakers, live-in home support, mobile foot care and volunteers.
- Seniors’ housing options, and home relocation and declutter services.
- Legal Resources
- Information on legal resources, consumer protection, Office of the Ombudsman, and the Public Trustees Office.
- Meals and Nutrition
- Grocery and meal delivery, community meal programs and food banks.
- Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Businesses and agencies offering hearing and vision aids, incontinence supplies, specialized clothing, medical equipment loans and mobility aids.
- Safety and Security
- Contacts for crime prevention, disaster preparedness, alarm systems and police victim services.
- Support Groups and Related Organizations
- Wide range of groups, associations,organizations, and societies listed by topic.
- Transportation options for disabled and able bodies, driver safety, medical transfers and parking permits.
- Veterans’ Services
- Various services designed specifically for war veterans and their families.
The Directory is not intended as an endorsement of any business, agency or organization. We apologise for any errors or omissions.
Members of the 2019/2020 Seniors’ Services Directory Committee:
Seniors Serving Seniors wishes to thank the members of the Seniors’ Services Directory Committee for their valuable contribution to the development of this directory.
Eldercare Foundation – Lori McLeod
Island Heath (South) – Gwen Gaddes, Jesika Witts
Revera Retirement Living, The Kensington – Kathy Ajas
Seniors Serving Seniors – Julie Gray, Jan Klassen, Jane Sheaff
Western Communities – Dawn Boshcoff